Monday, April 26, 2010

It's a start!


I guess it is about time that I start documenting all of the wonderful, glorious, exhausting, stressful, and all around everythings about our life. The past few years have been wonderful, but I find myself forgetting those little details that I wish I could keep at my fingertips at all times.



How it all started...



Well I guess we should go back to about 1998- 1999. I was singing in the choir at Glen Oak High School... I was in a group called the Drifters (an audition only group.. I have the brag rights!)... Little did I know that I was standing next to my future husband all those days in choir practice. Glenn seems to think that I was the type of girl that he would one day marry but he didn't know either that one day we would meet again and start living our dream together.



Fast forward to about 2004 I think,... see my memory is fuzzy already. I went with a good friend of mine, Emily, to meet a nice guy at a little party in Columbus, Ohio. I was really excited to meet someone new. I was at a stage in my life where I was done with the college, had a stable job and just wanted to settle down with a nice guy that had the same goals in life that I did. Well.... one of the first people I spotted when I walked into this party, was Glenn. Hey, there was my old singing pal from high school. We were really happy to see each other and even more happy to catch up. The rest is history.



We married in September of 2006. September 23rd, 2006 to be exact. I always wanted a fall wedding. That time of year is just gorgeous with the crisp cool air, the leaves changing colors...and the smell of autumn. We had lovely service at Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, a string quartet played, the drifters sang and our families had a wonderful time. I think it was one of the best days of my life.






We went on our honeymoon to Key west..... it was the best vacation ever... We had a blast at all of the historical sites... took a little
catamaran cruise.... ate great food and spent a lot of quality time together. It was the best.










A few months later in January of 2007 we found out that we were expecting our first child. Pregnancy was very eventful for us. I went into preterm labor a few times and it was pretty scary .. not to mention you get as big as a house when you are pregnant, and it is hard to maneuver. Little did I know that all the exhaustion and uncomfortableness of a pregnancy would lead to one of the best accomplishments of my life... and the most joy I have ever felt.... It was pretty much indescribable. Hannah.





September 5, 2007. Hannah wouldn't come out on her own and mommy wasn't feeling well. She was born a little early due to high blood pressure and mommy being completely miserable. The doctor decided to induce me. The pitocin was started early in the morning on Wednesday, September 5th, 2007, and by 9:20 at night we had our precious baby girl, Hannah Morgan Boyer. Little miss Hannah was nameless for quite a while until we decided on the best name for her. We loved the name Hannah, and Morgan was a family name on Glenn's side. It was perfect. The name fits her well.






Fast forward through all the baby stuff... (I have all this documented in scrapbooks) Hannah starts sleeping through the night, starts eating solid food,.... babbles, says ma ma, da da.... crawls... then walks ( 11 months) Go girl!... then on to the sweet little stages of the 12- 14 months... lots of new things to discover, talking more and more... eating lots... sippy cups... a million toys spread out in our tiny condo living room... little did we know we would move soon... and have a ton more space.... but first we were were stopped dead in our tracks.






Glenn's dad passed away from a sudden heart attack. He was doing something he loved most... racket ball. We were all devastated. Of course it is difficult to loose a loved one, but to have it happen so sudden is just something that the heart cannot take. As soon as we got the news from our Pastor in Canton, we woke the baby up, and headed home to Canton. The next 12 months would be more than difficult. The grief from loosing a parent, and suddenly is something that you cannot understand unless you go through it. Glenn and our family still struggle with the loss of there sweet father, husband, uncle, cousin, grandfather. Hannah still remembers her Taid in photos we just wish he were here a little longer for her to get to know him better. We pray for his peace everyday, and ask god for guidance as our family continues to heal through this terrible tradgedy.



May of 2009.... The Boyers flew the coup! --- We finally were able to move out of our teeny tiny condo, into a much larger home with 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, and a huge corner lot.... oh and a big deck and patio too! :) We loved it and immediately settled into our house with no problems at all. The previous owners took impeccable care of the home and all we needed to do is move our stuff in. To this day we always say we love our house and think we made the best decision in choosing it.


So, to say the least 2009 was a pretty crazy year for the Boyers. Now that the shock has dimmed a bit from the loss of Glenns dad, and we have settled into our new home... some other news comes. We are expecting our 2nd child. The due date was June 18th, 2010. Little did we know what was to come.


The pregnancy was going well other than some pretty awful morning sickness.. and me being so tired that all I wanted to do was sleep as soon as I got home from work with my Hannah.



Glenn thought that I was exceptionally tired this time around but we didn't really think too much of it. Being so excited of what was to come, we decided we would take a little trip down the street to an ultrasound place to find out if Hannah would have a brother or a sister.... we were so excited when we found out that Hannah would have a LITTLE SISTER! Thrilled to say the least.



A few weeks following this it was time for our 20 week check up at the doctor. February 2nd, just a few days shy from the 1 year anniversary of Russ's passing. We found out that not everything with our sweet little girl was right. The doctors told us that her heart was underdeveloped and that she had something that was called, a Hypoplastic Left Heart, as well as Shone's Syndrome. We were of course more than devastated when we knew that our second little girl was so sick.



After a few follow up appointments with doctors we found out that the initial visit with the doctor had been accurate. Our second girl had a severe congenital heart defect.



Plagued by the sorrow of this news we had many nights of tears, prayers, and just dismay. Little did we know that our sweet baby girl, Adelaide would be born sooner than later.

She was born at 3:45 am on February 11th. Immediately placed on her moms chest, she was still alive. She was beautiful. She lived for about 45 minutes and then passed. All she knew was her mothers touch, and her fathers voice. Our sweet girl; Adelaide Kathleen Boyer, 12.7 ounces and 10.5 inches in length. She was just gorgeous. Had a round little face like her big sister, a high forehead like her mom... and long fingers like her grandpa. Just the perfect little girl. Only if we could have spent more time with her.






Adelaide was laid to rest with my father on February 16th, in Dover, Ohio. We had an incredibly peaceful and quiet service with a few immediate family members. She was later placed next to my father who had past 25 years earlier. He would keep her safe and close.






We find peace in the fact that Adelaide was born as she was and didn't have to suffer due to her severe heart condition. We think of our sweet baby everyday. We hold on to the moments we had with her shortly after she was born. Glenn and I got to sing to her a bit, told her we loved her a million times ... praised her beauty.. and rock her to sleep. Her life was so short but so lovely.



That pretty much brings us up to speed.

April, 2009.

In the recent weeks Glenn and I have been spending lots of time together with Hannah... She has been a wonder through all of the pain we have endured. She is the light in our world, and every time we look at her we remember just how precious life is and how it can be taken away from you in a flash.


We continue to heal from all the events of the past year... we know that we cannot change anything and that god does have a plan for us. We continue to enjoy every moment of our crazy, wonderful lives.


I think now that we are caught up... we will start to document the weeks, months and years to come a little better. I wish I had more details for everything but this is a start. I want to be able to look back at this blog in 10 years as a keepsake to share with Hannah, and our family to remember all the times we shared.... and to help out that terrible memory of mine. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment